Blogging provides retailers with a powerful way to engage consumers in a dialogue about a brand. In particular, Wordpress, as one of the most widely used blogging platforms, is able to reach many potential consumers worldwide. With the Demandware Wordpress Plug-In, retailers can make content published on Wordpress sites more shoppable by tagging text and images with product details and by making product information more search engine optimized so that consumers can find it more easily online.
With the WordPress Plug-in, Demandware clients can deliver:
- Shoppable images and text- Allow consumers to shop any image or text on the blog with a hover over that accesses and displays information about the product, including product name, description, image, and price. Shoppable images and texts can appear wherever posts appear on the blog, including homepage, archive posts, search results, and other content pages.
- Intuitive tagging options- Blog administrators can make images and text shoppable by tagging them in one of three ways:
- Live search- Using keywords, search the Demandware product catalog in real-time to identify desired product.
- Product ID- Enter product ID to identify desired product.
- Shortcode- Enter shortcode manually For example: [dw id=productid]Product Name[/dw]
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)- Automatic embedding of product metadata into the body of the web page, increasing the probability of products being found online by consumers
- Easy setup & configuration- Simple setup and configuration directly from the WordPress dashboard and within the framework of WordPress Plug-Ins.
- Compatible with latest WordPress versions- Compatible with WordPress 3.0, including support for WordPress multi-site, for easy operation across multiple blogs in same Wordpress instance.
The Wordpress Plug-In is also fully customizable so that retailers can easily extend and customize the prototype using all the capabilities of the Demandware Commerce platform to meet their unique brand requirements.
Hatched: This prototype is complete and is available for our customers to use and modify.
Read the Blog Post
Watch the Video
What it Looks Like
This experimental code from Demandware Labs illustrates some interesting ways to leverage the Demandware platform, and is available for you to use. Be advised that as experimental code, it exists outside the Demandware support agreement. If you have questions about this experimental code, please post them through the comments area below.